Thursday, August 4, 2011

Meant to, but didn't quite have it in me...

I really meant to add at least another 1000 or so words toward my goal of keeping up in camp this month, but alas - I just needed that extra hour of sleep today.  I slept instead of wrote!  Can you believe it?  I really need to quit my job so that I can write full time, and still sleep.  I can't seem to do both, during the work week.  I can't write and work, without sleep.

Sleep.  Such a simple thing, really.  But to a midnight worker, it is the most important thing in our lives.  We are either talking about how much we slept - how little we slept - or how much we are going to sleep.  It really makes me crazy, but it's true.  I come to work, and that's what we talk about.  "What did you do over the weekend?" always ends up with how much we slept!

Any way, I am going to sleep today, write at least an hour (my husband, my soul mate, my friend is going to do the dinner planning, making and cleaning up (he is off until Tuesday to burn some vacation time) so I can sleep and write.  What a nice guy!  I am now officially behind, and if I don't get some writing done during this week, I will have to spend most of the weekend writing - and he doesn't want that!  Ha.

So, off to finish my break, then drive home - hit the sheets without having to deal with puppies (they will be thrilled to spend the time with the dad) and I'll dream I'm writing, so when I get up - it will be fresh...

D M Wiseman, behind again, but do my best under pressure, published author

No comments:

Post a Comment