Friday, June 10, 2011

Rain rain go away. I'm not complaining but...

Why is it that the week is gorgeous, hot and sunny - and the weekend comes, and it rains?  We are not going to the boat today (after my time with my sister at the U getting the chemo she calls rat poison!).  No, it is raining and the wind is horrible which causes me to spin on the boat.  It is not pretty, so staying home tonight is the plan. 

We are going tomorrow, regardless of the rain - there are meds for the spinning, so I can function, but tonight, I am not pushing it.  The dogs are laying at my feet (new couch and the Boomer can't get on it - his little legs can't get him up!) and my husband, my friend, my soul mate is sitting on the chair playing with his new toy - an iPad.  He loves it.  I do too, but I already have an iPhone - and I can live without it.  What I want is one of those notebooks... the smaller laptop that I can drag around, and still download to the main computer at home, burn to a CD or keep my book on the thumb drive.  I really want one.  If I don't just buy one, I will drop LOUD hints about my birthday coming up...

This week, I worked four straight nights.  That is a horrible thing to do, but it gives me three off with the husband (etc).  We went to look at houses with S and V - they are going to live less than a mile from St -and the house they were looking at, is very similar to St's.  It is cute, has a lot of personality, along with landscaping - even has one of those Koi ponds in the fenced back yard!  Important word fenced - Leo, my grand puppy needs his own yard.  And the best part of this is that now my two dogs can go to their house when we go to Miami in August! (a whole nother story why we are going to Miami in August!  Hot, yep but I can't wait!). 

So I am one happy mom - both boys will be living within a mile of each other and not too far from us!  I love my son's spouses to be, and its summer.  It is raining, but I am not complaining!

D M Wiseman, happily writing in the rain, published author...

No comments:

Post a Comment